While you can apply to study directly to an institution, you may choose to use the expertise of an international education specialist (also known as a student counsellor) to guide you through the process of choosing the right university or college and enrolling thereafter. Using an accredited and trusted agent, like Shreeji Training, can help reduce the stress of choosing an institution in another country, applying and preparing to leave.

Our student counsellors are knowledgeable and up-to-date on curriculum changes, and have your best interests at heart. Most of them have been international students themselves and can thus offer first hand advice every step of the way.

Your career prospects will benefit hugely from your experience of studying, living and socialising abroad. It’s your opportunity to develop a wealth of new skills, perspectives and stronger English language skills and seek work experience from the kind of employers you’d like to work for.

A recent study conducted with more than 4,500 ex-international students explored the exact skills employers in the US value when it comes to recruiting people that have studied overseas.

Using an agent to study abroad

The skills and qualifications employers and professional registration bodies require will vary from country to country. If, for example, you are working towards a career with strict entry requirements such as medicine, engineering, accounting or teaching, conduct some research with the relevant registration bodies in India for advice.

Working while you study can complement your educational and living experience when studying abroad. If you pursue a course at a degree level or above you may be permitted to work while on an international student visa. But before you undertake any paid work, make sure that your visa permits it. The opportunity for students to work part-time during their studies varies from country to country.

Many universities have a dedicated job centre on campus for students that advertises job opportunities and internships to help students develop various skills. The university careers service is also a useful source of information.

We recommend you begin your application process at least a year in advance to give enough time for your applications to be processed and to prepare for your time overseas. Remember, the academic year begins at different times of the year in different countries.

We recommend you to start as early as possible. This will give you enough time to ponder upon your interests and research according to your personal and academic goals and aspirations. Location, course duration, costs, accommodation, and living conditions are some of the other aspects that you need to figure out along with your program. Start planning at least one year or intake in advance. Of course, we are here to help you throughout the entire process.

To make it easier to plan, we mapped an indicative timeline for you to get started and live your study abroad dreams.

To begin studying as an international student, there are a range of entry requirements you may have to meet.

The academic requirements (including evidence of English language skills) you need to study abroad will vary depending on the level of education you want to pursue. For instance, some courses will require you to have done a foundation course before applying for a degree. All universities and schools can have different entry requirements, so read the course information on their respective websites very carefully.

Transport to and from the colleges is fantastic. buses, trains and ferries are the main mode of transport. You can also walk or cycle to and from class depending on how far you live.

Universities, colleges and schools are located within areas with well developed infrastructure and social networks. These provide an opportunity where students can freely socialise and develop a network of friends by extension social capital. some of these include;

Clubs, Music, sports
beautiful beaches, Dolphin watching
Historical sites among others
There is good weather all year round. It is important that students take care of themselves at all times

Most institutions provide a range of accommodation options for students. These range from on-campus to off-campus with homestay options or student share. The rent will vary depending on the location and the type of room or the options included.

Students can apply for part-time work in a range of areas. However, sometimes it can be difficult to find work in areas of interest. Students can get support from career advisers in finding employment through help with resume and interview skills as may be needed.

Some of the universities and colleges have internship programs which provide an employment opportunity. In some cases, research higher degree students may possibly find employment as research or tutorial assistants.

Holders of a student visa can work up to 40 hours per fortnight while their University program is in-session, and full-time during University vacations. In general, students should not expect to cover tuition fees or living expenses from casual work.

Whilst Research Higher Degree applicants are entitled to work unlimited hours they must maintain full-time enrolment in their studies and meet the requirements of their program.

Students are allowed to work while studying but restrictions apply as to how many hours one can per week. Generally a student is allowed only 20hrs/week during the semester. Please find more information here Study, Live and Work.

The cost of studying will vary depending on the course and the provider. Most university courses at Bachelor and postgraduate levels cost much more than Certificate and Diploma level courses. In addition to tuition fees, there are other costs associated with the course of study depending on the program.

Overall, living expenses and tuition fees in most Australian education institutions are considerably lower than those in USA, Canada and UK.

Generally, students are allowed to extend their visas if they are unable to complete the course in the visa duration. However there are conditions that students are required meet before renewing/extending their visa. These may relate to reasons as to why a student was unable to complete their course within the visa duration. The DIBP will make a determination on whether or not to extend a student visa.

Students may also choose to pursue an additional program after successfully completing the initial program, in this case they would apply for another student visa provided they meet the set requirements as outlined above.

International students are required to apply for a Student Visa Subclass 500 in order to commence their studies in any of the Australian education institution. Student Visa application process is fairly straightforward. However, there are specific requirements a student is required to meet before applying. The application process is online. You will need to create an ImmiAccount accessible through: https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login

To start the process, the student will need to have an Offer of the intended course of study, eCoE (Electronic Confirmation of Enrollment), a valid passport, a proof of financial ability, Genuine Temporary Entrant(GTE) and any relevant academic certificates and supporting documents as may be necessary. Remember, if you have any questions about this process,or need help, we are here to help.

There is a total of 43 accredited universities in Australia comprising 40 Australian universities, two international universities, and a smaller private specialty university. Higher education courses and qualifications are also offered by many non-university including private providers in the higher education sector.

Relax, there is absolutely no need to be nervous about the ‘Student Visa Interview.’ The people at the counter are friendly and will not grill you or have you for lunch! However, you should be thoroughly prepared for the questions. Your counsellor will help you prepare for the same.

There is no upper-limit to an amount of funds that you should show for your Visa Interview. However, you should show a little more than is necessary to cover your expenses abroad.

Student visas can be obtained given proper documentation. Most of the applicants from India who provide a confirmed offer from a University/College abroad and evidence of financial support for tuition fees and living costs are issued visas.

The Visa application form is available, free of charge, from the Consulate. Alternatively, you could collect the same from your education counsellor.

Various documents can prove that you have permanent ties in India – namely property papers, job offer letters, awareness of the job market. But what will actually convince a Visa officer is your conviction. If you are not personally convinced that you need to come back to India, then it will be tough to prove it to somebody else as shrewd as a Visa officer.

Apply Now